Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cool new build option in Avogadro 0.9.5



Avogadro version 0.9.5 has been released. You can read more about it in the release notes and Marcus' blog.

In addition to full translation in Indonesian (terima kasih) is has a cool new build feature where you can switch elements via the keyboard (see screen cast) by just typing, say, "o" or "n". This will save a lot of time.

I also tried typing "2" to see of it would switch to double bonding but no luck (kutukan!). Maybe in the next release?

8 comments:

Marcus D. Hanwell said...

Glad you like the new keyboard shortcuts, also note that using the arrow keys you can rotate the display, shift or control + arrows accesses translation/zoom too. I am sure we could figure out how to change the bond order for the next release too ;-)

Geoff Hutchison said...

The bond order feature is now implemented -- pretty easy to do, really. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jan Jensen said...

Marcus: yes, ctrl-arrow works for me. That's be great for fine-tuning the orientation. Btw, you are the first to comment on this blog. I owe you a beer next time we meet.

Geoff: Wow, that was fast. This blog has already payed off!

Noel O'Boyle said...

Good to see you on the blogosphere.

Noel O'Boyle said...

You're missing a subscribe link.

Jan Jensen said...

Noel: done!

Marcus D. Hanwell said...

I didn't realise I was the first commenter on your blog - I will definitely take you up on that beer next time we meet :-) I really enjoy the new blog, it is inspiring to see everything you are doing with Avogadro, along with introducing me to new things chemistry related. Thanks.

Jan Jensen said...

Marcus, It's a deal.

I find Avogadro inspiring, so it works both ways.